Saturday, October 29, 2011

Big Rocks on Haw River

Acrylic, 11"x31", on 1-5/8" deep gallery wrapped canvas (#2211)
I painted this on location during my last kayaking trip to the river. It took about 35 minutes of kayaking to reach this location (upstream from the dam). The weather was near perfect but I had only two and a half hours of painting time and, as such, had to paint as fast as I can. My painting "platform" was another rock formation on the river about 50 feet away. After I parked my kayak, I set up my easel in no time and immediately went into work. Time just flew by when you had a good time. Before long I had to pack up every thing and leave this lovely place. I managed to complete about 95% of the painting on location and the remaining 5% are touch ups done in my studio.You bet I will come back soon to do more on-location paintings on this beautiful stretch of Haw River at this most beautiful time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment